Rules and licenses for fishing in Florida
Basically, saltwater and fresh water fishing in Florida requires licenses and some rules that govern the activity. Florida resident and visitors are all required to have a license before fishing.
However there are those who don't need it when fishing in all water area of Florida State, but everyone is under the rules and regulations that relate the fishing activities. You will get to know much about rules and licenses for fishing in Florida after reading this article.
Who needs and does not need a fishing license?
People who are required to have the license should never forget it whenever they are engaged in licensed activities in Florida. The license is always indispensable for anyone who attempts to fish.
It is also required for any kind of attempt to take sea organisms such as crabs, lobsters, and marine plants. The license can be separated depending on the type of water where you do your fishing activities.
This is to say that freshwater, saltwater license are different but you can also have one for both situations if you fish in fresh water and ocean.
On the other hand, there are those who don't need a license to catch fish in Florida freshwater and saltwater. If you are included in the group of people below:
- You are a 16 years-old child at most.
- You are shooting a history or reporting something about someone else' fishing activities and you are not participating in it.
- You live in Florida and possess a permanent fishing certificate and a Florida Resident Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing License.
- You are a native of Florida 65 age with a residence certificate or you possess a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate.
- You fish in your residence area on your homestead or your spouse's homestead.
- You live in Florida as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, you stay in Florida for ephemeral sojourn within 30 days or less for a mission.
Rules for fishing
Regardless of your license, there are some rules that you have to follow while fishing in Florida. The rules apply depending on the area and water where you do your activities.
So make sure you get all information about the location before you start. The tools and devices that you use should be appropriate to the current regulations of the area. These include the choice of tools and the way how to use them during your fishing.
Penalties for illegal fishing in Florida
If you get caught fishing without license in Florida, you will pay fines, be trapped or both depending on the degree of the non-compliance.
So you have to make sure you get to know all essential rules and regulations before you fish in Florida salt and fresh water to avoid unexpected situations that may damage your stay.
To find the best resorts and hotels that allow you to fish in Florida, you can contact Opodo which is an online travel agency that deals with the best travel and holiday services with low prices. To get more information, go to Opodo's website.